Leadership Brazos Alumni Association (LBAA)
Entrepreneurship. Leadership. Citizenship.
Who We Are: A group of local business and community members who have graduated from the Leadership Brazos program and want to continue to give back to our community while growing our own leadership qualities.
Purpose: To enhance our community by creating a platform and springboard for members to use the knowledge gained in Leadership Brazos to impact the community and local business in a positive way.
WHAT WILL LBAA DO FOR YOU?
- LBAA provides you with the opportunity to continue your leadership education and be part of a very exclusive network of positive people that want to make this community a better place to live, work and raise a family – people like you!
- You will be virtually connected through the B/CS Chamber of Commerce website's LBAA page
- LBAA facebook page
- You will be listed in the Bryan/College Station Chamber of Commerce Annual Membership Directory & Buyers Guide
- Free Monthly Happy Hours: LBAA hosts Happy Hour events following each current Leadership Brazos Day. These Happy Hours offer the opportunity to reunite and connect with former classmates, in addition to meeting the new Leadership Brazos Class each year.
- Quarterly Events: Invitation to four quarterly events hosted by the LBAA Council, including the Christmas Party and the LBAA Leadership Luncheon hosted by the Chamber of Commerce.
- Help us find your former Leadership Brazos classmates and other graduates so we can connect them to LBAA and all explore opportunities to support each other and grow our community.
LETS GET STARTED!
Become a member
Email or call LBAA Secretary Carrie Archer at (979) 260-5200 or email@example.com and she will process your $30 annual membership dues and update your contact information in the LBAA membership database.
Why do I pay dues? About 99% of the funds raised through LBAA membership dues and purchasing event tickets are used to provide scholarships to the Leadership Brazos and Junior Leadership Brazos programs. LBAA provides funding for those that cannot afford the Leadership Brazos tuition and request a scholarship. Your contribution creates new leadership assets for our community.
Last year the Leadership Brazos Alumni Association (LBAA) celebrated its 32nd year and the Leadership Brazos Program celebrated its 1,000th graduate. Can you imagine getting the other 999 graduates together? Building that pool of leadership talent is just one of the goals we hope to accomplish through our alumni activities. Our calendar of events illustrates what should be a fun and rewarding experience for all of us – and our community.
Annual Event Calendar (dates/locations TBA)
- October through April - LB DAy Happy Hours
- March - First Quarter Event
- June - Second Quarter Event (LBAA Leadership Luncheon)
- September - Third Quarter Event
- December – Fourth Quarter Event (Annual Christmas Party)
LBAA Leadership Council 2016-2017Hans Hammond '13
Jason Cornelius ’12
Hayden Paul '15
Katerina Hall ‘13
Carrie Archer ‘16
Standing Committee Chairpersons
Stephen Beck ‘15
Eric Walley '15
Jill Gallagher '16
Elisabeth Thompson '16
Leadership Brazos Coordinators
Vicki Reim ‘14
B/CS Chamber of Commerce Executive Committee and Vice-Chair for Leadership
Tracy Paine '15
Inside B/CS: A Briefing by Community Leaders
Glen Brewer '01
President & CEO, B/CS Chamber of Commerce