Leadership Brazos Alumni Association (LBAA)
Event Tickets & Membership Dues:
Who We Are: A group of local business and community LBAA members that have participated and graduated from the Leadership Brazos program.
Entrepreneurship. Leadership. Citizenship.
Are you on Board?
Purpose: To enhance our community by creating a platform and springboard for members to use the knowledge gained in Leadership Brazos to impact the community and local business in a positive way.
Last year the Leadership Brazos Alumni Association (LBAA) celebrated its 31st year. This year Leadership Brazos Program will celebrate its 1,000th graduate.
Can you imagine getting the other 999 graduates together? Building that pool of leadership talent is just one of LBAA’s goals for the year. We have created a new calendar of events outlining our plans for the year (below). Our Calendar of Events illustrates what should be a fun and rewarding experience for all of us – and our community. But first we need to get you on the LBAA Leader Ship.
WHAT WILL LBAA DO FOR YOU?
- LBAA provides you with the opportunity to continue your leadership education and be part of a very exclusive network of positive driven people that want to make this community a better place to live, work and raise a family – People like you!
- You will be virtually connected through the B/CS Chamber website's LBAA page
- LBAA Face Book page
- LBAA LinkedIn group.
- You will be listed in the Bryan/College Station Chamber of Commerce Annual Membership Directory & Buyers Guide
- Lunch: LBAA hosts multiple luncheons, with guest lectures which introduce you to local and national leaders and provide the opportunity to discuss issues facing you and your community (see the proposed annual calendar).
- Socials: LBAA hosts several socials throughout the year offer the opportunity to reunite/connect with former classmates in addition to meeting the new Leadership Brazos (future LBAA classmates) graduating each year (see the proposed Annual Calendar of Events).
- Events: Invitation to the LBAA Annual Leadership Gala (Hosted by the Chamber). Invitation to the Annual Reunion held each year during the Reds Festival in Downtown Bryan.
- Participate in LBAA/LB leadership surveys so your voice and opinion will be heard. Work alongside our LBAA leadership counsel team on ideas you have to support our business community
- LBAA Men's and Women's Shirts --> Shirt Order Link --> Ordering Instructions: After you pick a logo from the link, in order to view the shirt, pull up another browser and place the item number in the Sage Catalog search
- Vehicle decals (Order Link Under Construction)
- Lapel pin (Order Link Under Construction)
- Name Badge: (Order Link Under Construction)
LETS GET STARTED!
Step 1: Become a member
2 easy steps.
1. If you are an LB graduate, fill out the information on the LBAA membership form. This is not an application , it is the information we need to communicate.
2. Email or call our coordinator Kelli Davis at (979) 260-5200 or email@example.com and she will process your $30 annual membership dues.
Why do I pay dues? About 99% of the funds raised through LBAA membership dues and purchasing tickets to paid events are used to provide scholarships to the Leadership Brazos program. LBAA provides funding for those that cannot afford the Leadership Brazos tuition. Your contribution creates new leadership assets for our community.
Step 2: Stay Connected
Stay in touch with us electronically so we can help you expand your professional and personal network by sending you invitations to special events (see event calendar) so you can continue to be engaged in shaping the leadership of Bryan/College Station.
Step 3: Participate
You will receive emails with information to get you involved with other LBAA members and help us create a community that emulates the compassion and energy of its members and leaders!
Step 4: Round-up
Help us find your former Leadership Brazos graduates and other LBAA’ers so we can all enjoy their company and explore opportunities to support each other and grow our community.
WHAT’S NEXT? -- Order an LBAA Shirt at LBAA Shirt Order Link
Annual Event Calendar (Preliminary Calendar – Subject to Change)
- January 2016 – 1st Lunch: Thursday Lunch: Annual Overview of Programs
- February 2016 – 1st Lunch: Thursday Lunch: Leadership/Entrepreneurship Speaker: TBD
- March 2016 – 1st Lunch: Thursday Lunch: Leadership/Entrepreneurship Speaker: TBD
- April 2015 – LBAA Shirt Day:: B/CS Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours
- May 2015 – LBAA Social: Meet & Greet Social: Meet the New Graduating Leadership Brazos Class of 2015
- June 2015 – 1st Lunch: Thursday B/CS Chamber of Commerce Annual Leadership Luncheon: – Leadership Brazos Recruiting Drive
- July 2015 – Event: LBAA Reunion at the Chamber’s Inaugural Leadership Gala
- August 6, 2015 – 1st Thursday lunch at Nutrabolt, please RSVP to Kelli@bcschamber.org
- September 26, 2015 2015 –Reunion: Annual LBAA Reunion at the Reds Festival in Downtown Bryan, Sept. 26 reunion from 4-6pm at the Cotton Exchange, doors open for members and guests from noon until 8pm.
- September TBD, 2015, Lunch and tour of the Children's Museum
- October 2015 – Business Meeting and announcement of new officers
- November TBD, 2015 – Tour of New Republic Brewery
- December 2015 –Event: Christmas Party and Volunteer of the Year Annual Award (see link)
Note: LBAA members will also be invited periodically to special events with subject matter experts, Chamber events, national and local leadership lectures, and community volunteer opportunities.
Current LBAA member roster
LBAA Membership Form
LBAA Leadership Counsel 2014-2015
Mary Beckman ‘12
B/CS Chamber of Commerce Executive Committee and Vice-Chair for Leadership
Scott Simpson ‘97
Immediate Past Chairman
Gary Flenniken ‘11
Jason Cornelius ’12
John Flynn ‘10
Amber Kologinczak ‘13
Standing Committee Chairpersons
Hans Hammond ‘13
Cal McNeill ‘98
Junior Leadership Brazos
Tracy Paine '15
Inside B/CS: A Briefing by Community Leaders”–
Sally Jurica ‘10
Erin Gage ‘10
Ad Hoc Committee Chairman
Scott Simpson ‘97
Membership Recruiting & Retention
B/CS Chamber of Commerce
Glen Brewer '01, Vice President and Leadership Program Coordinator
Kelli Davis, Business Programs Coordinator & LBAA Coordinator