About the Application Process
Every year thirty-six participants are chosen for Leadership Brazos in a highly competitive application process. Applications, not applicants, are chosen by a reviewing committee made up of Chamber Board of Directors members and select individuals of the Leadership Brazos Alumni Association. Applications are evaluated anonymously.
Leadership Brazos is a nonprofit program of the Bryan/College Station Chamber of Commerce. Tuition is $800 for Chamber members (either employer or applicant) and $900 for non-Chamber members. Partial scholarships, based on need are available. To encourage personal dedication to the Leadership Brazos program, all participants are encouraged to pay the first $200 of the tuition fee. Scholarship applications may be requested by emailing Carrie Archer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarship recipients will be responsible for the remainder of the tuition.
- Promote and foster the development of community leaders for Brazos County
- Identify and select individuals who are committed to Brazos County
- Acquaint participants with the area's assets, needs and opportunities
- Provide a forum to discuss community challenges with representatives from the industry, government, the media and human services
- Stimulate leadership skills by providing an awareness of the continuous growth of Brazos County
- Encourage and motivate participants to choose an area of interest for active involvement upon graduation from the program.
- Build community leaders for today and tomorrow